You are all welcome to India, the ancient land of yoga and spiritualism, and the divinely vibrant Rishikesh nestled in the Himalayan foothills in Devbhoomi Uttarakhand.
Satbodh Yoga School has embarked on its divinely inspired journey of transforming people by the perennial yoga science for robust health and spiritual fulfilment. Here we must say that we cling to the traditional form of yoga albeit adapted to the peculiar needs of the modern time.
We are offering a number of residential Yoga, Ayurveda, Meditation, Consciousness along with a few other teacher training courses to the students most of which are duly registered with the esteemed Yoga Alliance USA. By joining us, you will not just understand the deeper fundamentals of Yoga, Ayurveda, Meditation and Consciousness but will enlighten the world at large with the knowledge to be gained. It will thus be a double blessing for you, the students.
Visa Booking Procedure
- The participants should apply for Tourist Visa
- Since you cannot get study visa under India’s immigration laws for your participation in short-term courses
- Mind that the duration of visa starts from the date it is issued
- Tourist visa remains valid for 6 months in most of the countries. But you had better check with the local Indian embassy
Before flight- booking Procedure
- We need to inform you that all of our courses start on Monday.
- So, you are expected to reach our centre a day before that is on Sunday
- On Sunday evening, orientation function would be held and your participation is expected
- The day of certification marks the end of these courses
- Keeping this in view, you should fix your departure date
Travelling to Rishikesh
- You need not worry as Rishikesh is well- connected to the rest of the world in transportation facilities
- International Travellers should arrive at the nearest international airport in New Delhi- Indira Gandhi International Airport
- Nearest domestic airport is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, a few kms from our centre. You may book domestic flight from Delhi to Dehradun airport
- Flight duration from Delhi to Dehradun varies from 30 to 45 minutes
- Once you arrive at Dehradun airport, we will provide you with pick- up vehicles with no additional charge as it is included in course fees
- However, if you want to reach our centre by taxi from Delhi we will provide you with vehicles though at additional costs
General Climate in Rishikesh/ Clothing
Two months-December and January- are the coldest as the mercury dips to 5 Degree Celsius. As nights are cold, you are advised to carry woollens and warm clothes.
February, March and April are the most pleasant months in Rishikesh-neither cold nor hot. In February, however, you may need some light warm clothes.
May and June are hot with the mercury soaring up to 35-38 degree Celsius in the day. Nights become a little cooler than the day though. You may perspire a lot as the climate is humid. So, you are advised to carry light clothing.
July and August are monsoon months. The mercury comes down a little. But the climate remains humid. It may also rain. So, you should carry rain gear.
September, October and November are, on the whole, pleasant climatically. Though September days remain hot the nights get cooler.
October and November are very pleasant. From mid-October, winter starts arriving. If you come in November, you should carry moderately warm clothes.